The National Showmen's Association owns its own cemetery plots in the Ferncliff
Cemetery in Hartsdale, New York. They are located in the section known as St. Peters, and
are made prominent by a bronze statue of a lion, the symbol of the National Showmen's
The Monument was endowed in perpetuity by the National Showmen's Association monument
committee and unveiled on November 23, 1947.
The monument committee was:
James E. Strates, General Chairman
Clemens F. Schmitz, Administrative Chairman
Arthur E. Campfield
Joseph A. McKee
Fred C. Murray
Walter K. Sibley, Ex-Officio
The National Showmen's Association has the right to resell these plots or disperse them as
seen fit. The NSA chaplain issues a letter of receipt or acknowledgement to the purchaser
or recipient, which serves as proof of ownership. A copy of this letter is also submitted
to the NSA Recording Secretary for the official club records, and to the current NSA
The opening of graves is authorized by a letter to Ferncliff, from the NSA chaplain.
Double graves are permitted as well as triple with cremains. Ferncliff must
reconfirm feasibility. Jewish burials are permitted one to a gravesite with no
- There are 192 plots.
- 12 plots are assigned for the monument.
- There are 180 plots available for burial.
- There are: 67 plots in the Jewish Section
- 42 plots in the Catholic Section
- 60 plots in the Protestant Section
- 11 plots designated Non Sectarian
- These were designated as such in June of 1985 by Jack M. Beebe, Chaplain of the NSA and
the Ferncliff Management. These plots are located in the Jewish Section.
- 180 Total PLOTS
As of the date listed above, 102 plots are used. Of these:
- 4 graves used are designated veterans
- 12 graves used are designated non-members
- 9 graves used are designated ladies auxiliary
- 8 graves used are designated double graves
- 2 graves used are used for a single burial
- 67 graves used are non-designated burial
- 102 USED GRAVES
- There are 13 plots are reserved.
- There are 65 plots open and not reserved.
- TOTAL 180 GRAVES AND PLOT
DIRECTIONS TO FERNCLIFF CEMETERY
Ferncliff is located on Secor Road in Hartsdale, New York. The National Showmen's
Association plots are to the left as you come in the first main gate. The bronze statue of
the lion is visible from Secor Road as you come up the hill.
For personalized driving directions, please enter your starting address below: